Senior Consultant Business System Analyst – Tech
Define the strategy and approach for requirements development and management at the release or program level and to facilitate the business analysis planning process. An active participant in all phases of the release/program lifecycle. Influence the release/program structure and will work closely with project managers and business analysts in documenting solutions. Accountable for ensuring that clear, concise requirements have been captured.
- Provide insight and options for analyzing business needs and producing tangible requirements. Lead efforts in gathering and defining business requirements for strategic enterprise releases or programs. Identify release/program interdependencies and communicate requirement/scope issues and participate in driving them to resolution. Provide governance oversight to ensure all program/release requirements are met. Plan thorough requirement testing (positive and negative), and validate for expected results.
- Perform in a SME role in areas including strategy/approach, requirements gathering, process modeling, use cases, etc., based on defined BSA tools and techniques. Translate business and user requirements to high level project requirements for the business analysis team and ensure appropriate bi-directional tracing of project modifications back to original requirements. Facilitate walk-through of all program/release deliverables to ensure all requirements are satisfied.
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge in all systems, processes and data relating to the assigned business or release/program. Leverage domain expertise and analyst practice expertise to provide the most effective solutions to the business partners in the most efficient means possible. Select appropriate analysis techniques and tools (process modeling, use cases, etc.) for each release/program. Educate business partners on systems capabilities and the feasibility of developing specific solutions.
- Leverage technical knowledge and business acumen to manage effective working relationships with technology teams and business partners at management and end user levels. Work effectively in a team environment to ensure that solution delivery is on time, within cost estimates and meets business needs. Negotiate technical and non-technical solutions that both satisfy the business users and conform to the technical architecture. Prepare estimates of Business System Analyst work efforts for assigned projects.
- Ensure that all support documentation on assigned releases or programs is complete, including all user and technical procedures/manuals, operational support documentation and archival of all related project documentation. Define and monitor all implementation tasks such as the production check-out process, including review of reports, data files and Online screens to ensure technical solutions perform according to the specifications and meet defined business requirements.
- Actively champion and contribute to the continuous improvement of the business systems analysis best practices, using innovative ideas to increase effectiveness of the overall analyst organization. Proactively mentor others in the business analyst practitioner community. Provide indirect leadership for analyst project teams. Contribute to the analysis methodology, processes, best practices and standards.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, similar field; or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience required.
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in business and functional requirements elicitation, translation and documentation.
- Expert level analysis skills including ability to identify patterns, potential issues and then translate those into functional and test requirements.
- Expert level understanding of business functional areas and management issues as well as the IT organizations systems and capabilities.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use the appropriate modeling methodologies and tool-sets, requirements management methodologies and tool-sets, requirements visualization methods and tool-sets, and artifact versioning tools.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including developing executive level presentations.
- Certifications preferred: CBAP
- Working knowledge of DocSource and/or other knowledge management tools.
- Experience working with the following tools: MS Office, Clarity, MS Visio, and HP Quality Center.
- Experience with writing use cases and test cases.
- Experience with business process modeling.