Manager, Financial Analysis
The Role: Manager of Financial Analysis
The Location: 55 Water St, NY or 20 Canada Sq, London .
The Grade: 11 (Internal Use Only)
The Team: The S&P Global MI & Platts Finance team primarily consists of US and UK based employees. The Team also regularly interacts with divisions of S&P Global (SPGI) Corporate. This position reports to the Director of Reporting & Controllership of MI & Platts.
The Impact: This role is a key member of the Market Intelligence & Platts Finance Reporting team. The role will oversee the monthly close, estimate and annual budget process for MI & Platts’ Global Real Estate footprint, assessing reasonability of the estimates, understanding and providing commentary around key drivers of material variances and driving consistency of approach, best practices and use of available tools/resources to drive efficient/accurate results. This role will partner with the Corporate Finance real estate team who are responsible for calculating and allocating real estate costs across the enterprise. Other duties include ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the MI & Platts Other Divisional function highlighting risks and opportunities, process improvement as well as overseeing the T&E cost portfolio proving insights and analytics while driving policy compliance.
The Career Opportunity: This role is uniquely positioned to serve 2 of the SPGI Divisions (Market Intelligence and Platts) working with the Finance teams in those Divisions as well as the Corporate Global Real Estate and FP&A Finance teams. herefore, this role is a great opportunity to understand both the MI and Platts businesses and gain increased exposure to Division OpCo members via the Real Estate cost modeling of the Division level results. Opportunities also exist to drive change in Real Estate Finance operations and fully leverage future state operating model.
- Manage monthly actual and estimate financial reporting process for Real Estate across MI & Platts. Review, analyze and interpret monthly financial results.
- Develop and maintain MI & Platts Real Estate Tableau dashboard to drive insights and decision making at the Division OpCo level.
- Clearly communicate Real Estate actuals, budget, & forecast to MI/Platts leadership, including raising any cost saving opportunities in a timely manner
- Support Division and SPGI Real Estate strategy with opportunity to get involved in detailed office planning
- Assist with preparation of presentations for senior management and SPGI Corporate. Act as a liaison with SPGI Real Estate team on real estate reporting matters.
- Identify opportunities for costs savings/management within MI & Platts Other Divisional and T&E and work with various members of leadership to implement.
- Assist with ad hoc requests, special projects, department cross-training, and provide direct support to the Director, Reporting & Controllership on an as-needed basis.
- Provide data, analysis, and operational insights during monthly close, rolling forecast and annual budget processes.
- Preparation of monthly reporting for review by Senior Finance and OpCo/Business Leadership to include various views to meet business needs and drive decision making.
- Perform ad hoc analyses as requested in order to help management make informed decisions regarding the short and long term objectives of the business.
- Alert management to accounting or operational problems, suggest actionable solutions and recommendations to control changes as appropriate.
- Provide thorough and accurate responses to Senior Management, Corporate and Audit-related inquiries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance with 3-5 years proven financial analysis experience
- Strong attention to detail and analytical ability with an inquisitive mind.
- Ability to work independently and as a fully contributing member of a team.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong skills in MS Excel (Pivot tables, V-Lookups, IF functions, etc.) and PowerPoint.
- Experience with ERP (Oracle Financials), Tableau and Cognos TM1 preferred.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: [email protected] and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC202.2 – Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 259483
Posted On: 2021-02-09
Location: New York, New York, United States