Financial Analyst, Enterprise Data
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast – while keeping up the quality and accuracy we’re known for. It’s what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through teamwork. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn’t do anywhere else. It’s up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by delivering insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst to join our larger finance team supporting Bloomberg’s Enterprise Data business. The Enterprise Data CFO Team is responsible for all aspects of business financial planning, analysis, and profitability reporting which provides a unique opportunity to partner with key business stakeholders and have a direct impact on the success of the Enterprise Data business.
You will take ownership of:
- Developing financial models, perform due diligence, create business plans, and provide decision support to management for strategic initiatives, business expansion and various commercial models.
- Establishing operating budgets and financial projections in-line with business objectives.
- Partnering with the product management team for the business planning process including validating revenue models and quantifying incremental resources (capital, expense & headcount) for calendar year initiatives.
- Liaising with the business on tracking performance vs. business plans.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly financial presentations for Executive Management discussing year to date performance against plan and financial outlook.
- Working with business to analyze sales cycle, pipeline management, commercial models, billing structures and other operational tasks.
- Coordinating ad hoc analysis and management reports.
- Supporting management reporting packages including business performance/results and variance analysis for revenue, expense, headcount and capital in a timely and consistent manner.
- Overseeing and monitoring monthly close.
- Evaluating industry developments, market conditions, and economic news to determine financial and business impact.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable internal and external accounting standards and financial policies.
We expect you to have:
- Bachelors in Accounting, Business or Finance
- 2-5 years of experience in a finance role supporting a business unit
- Experience partnering with business staff
- Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills and excel skills
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills are essential
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
We’d love to see:
- Understanding of front, middle and back office activities
- Familiarity with the Bloomberg terminal
- Comfortable with learning new systems/billing implementations
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and SAP
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You’ll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients — and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.