Financial Analyst (“Analyst”) will conduct due diligence on new/add-on opportunities and manage an existing portfolio of investments. As part of the role the Analyst will build, update and maintain financial models with the objective of generating excess return while minimizing risk to principal investment. The Analyst will need to present findings in both formal and informal settings to the supervisors. A successful candidate will need to be driven, self-reliant, and detail oriented. Experience in Asian markets its strongly desired but not necessary. The candidate must be fluent in both English and Chinese.
A&J Capital, Inc., based in Los Angeles, is a private investment management firm with multiple segments including real estate development, real estate investing, and other alternative investment opportunities. It is a well-recognized and respected player in major commercial real estate development projects across the United States and is actively building out its investment management platform.
- Evaluate financial and operational performance of investment opportunities
- Coordinate due diligence, and the negotiation and execution of loan agreements and/or related investment documents
- Monitor past, present, and projected financial activities, including budget variance and cash reserve levels to ensure compliance with all governing documents
- Research and develop financial models to assess the current or future portfolio risk
- Assist senior professionals in establishing procedures to control investment risk and minimize loss
- Oversee fund transfers, cash flow records, and loan collateral release to ensure compliance with loan documents
- Prepare periodic updates and presentations for senior management on investment status and business activities
- Review financial and operational reports to determine investment performance, and make recommendations on financial issues and risk management
- Collaborate on projects with external professionals, including lawyers, economists, and accountants, et al.
- Maintain regulatory and compliance documents
- Strong modeling and financial analysis skills
- Understand all aspects of corporate valuation (i.e. DCF, trading multiple analysis, transaction comps)
- Perform DCF analysis, build integrated financial models, and conduct industry and competitive research as part of valuation process
- Strong organizational and process-oriented skills and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent Excel, Power Point, and database management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Follows all applicable laws and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting
- Fluency in Chinese a plus but not required
Based in Los Angeles, USA
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. A&J encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.